Tuesday, February 21, 2012

DNOW Sierra Vista First Baptist



This past weekend I had the incredible opportunity to work with college students as Christian Challenge hosted a Disciple Now weekend for Sierra Vista First Baptist Church.  I am so incredibly blessed to work with these young men and women.  God totally blew me away with what these college students were capable of.  It's always a scary thing to hand over responsibility to someone else.  In some ways I feel almost like a parent over the college students at Christian Challenge.  God blesses me with the opportunity to live life with them and just watch as He transforms their lives.

This is the first time that Christian Challenge has ever hosted an event like this and given so much responsibility in terms of logistics, administration and planning to college students.  As the staff person working with the students for this event I can only walk with them so far in going through the details of the event.  Only so much I can do to try and prepare them for the actual event, but when the time comes all I can do is sit back pray and hope that these students will spread their wings and soar.  So I'm so thankful that I had that chance this past weekend.  The college students did a great job and I couldn't be happier or prouder of their decision to spend a weekend investing in junior high and high school students.  I also couldn't be prouder in knowing that what they gave those kids was something good.  They gave themselves and the experiences they've had with the living God.  They shared how Jesus has revealed Himself through His Word and demonstrated His love for them.

That is something good.  That testimony is an inspiration and encouragement to these youth kids to recklessly with all abandon continue to run the race of faith.  

No comments: